My almost-new laptop crashed this morning. I really couldn’t believe it–the laptop was only six months old! I had used it the night before, and by morning it would not boot. I immediately brought it to have it repaired, and I am still awaiting results.
Honestly, I feel so helpless. I was really counting on that laptop as I have so many deadlines to meet in these next two weeks. Plus all my files are in there, as are my ‘to-do’ lists and schedules. And just like that, I cannot access it! I was even told that there is a big chance it will have to be formatted, which means everything will be erased!
Thankfully, not all is lost. I was able to save my important files one week before when Western Digital sent me my own My Passport Ultra. Talk about timing! I cannot be happier I still have most of my files with me.
I remember losing all my data a couple of years ago and it was just painful. Photos, organized by date and event, articles I’ve written through the years, music, movies, my daily schedule–everything was deleted. I really promised myself I wouldn’t let it happen again, which is why I made it a habit to always back up my files ever since.
But okay, I have to admit, I wasn’t able to back up my files these last couple of months until I received my WD My Passport. It was a good reminder, and it arrived at just the right time! I really couldn’t say this enough: thank you, THANK YOU Western Digital for sending me this super gadget!!! 🙂
After using it for a week, I have to say, I am very happy with it. Of course, because it was able to save my precious files! But also I love it because it is portable, convenient, secure and it also looks good. Check out more of the features of Western Digital’s My Passport Ultra:
* Massive capacity, small design: Offering massive 2 TB capacity in an amazingly small enclosure, My Passport is the ideal companion for anyone with lots of videos, photos, music and files that they want to help protect and take on the road.
* Automatic, continuous backup software: Backup means having a second copy of your files at all times. WD’s automatic backup software makes that easy. It continually works quietly in the background to help protect your data while using minimal PC resources. Whenever you save or change a file, it’s instantly backed up.
* Ultra-fast transfer rates: When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport lets you access and save files with blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.
* USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility: With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you’re ready to step up to the next generation.
* WD Security: WD Security utility allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
* WD Drive Utilities: Register your drive, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
* No power adapter required: The drive is powered through the USB port, so there’s no need to lug around a bulky power adapter.
* WD quality inside and out: We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability. Then we place the drive in a robust enclosure designed for beauty and protection. (Press release)
And now, its CONTEST TIME!!! Win your very own Western Digital My Passport Ultra Portable Storage (2TB) simply by following these instructions:
(1) Like WD Philippines’ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WDPhilippines
(2) Follow @WDPinas on Twitter.
(3) Tweet me at @kellymisa why you have to win a WD My Passport hard drive. Don’t forget to tag @WDPinas and include the hashtag: #WDMyPassportUltraContest.
That’s it! Its that simple. Contest runs from today until December 18 (Wednesday) 12noon. Ill be announcing the lucky winner soon after. Good luck! 🙂